Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome to the CrackBox


Vacation week is coming to an end.  What did the kidlets and I do?  Pretty much relax.  They enjoyed snowboarding, sleep overs, awesome homemade breakfasts of French toast with whipped cream and chocolate, and an overload of technology.

Muwahahaha.  Mausi Gal is on a techno spree.  She is not a good role model at all.

I have an excuse to go out and upgrade from my slider-old-school-phone that all my middle school students laugh at.  "Oh, Senorita Mausi Gal!  You are so year 2000!"  Is that bad?  I am allowed to splurge into the world of my youthful students who tend to break their phones on a weekly basis.  I now have...a blog!  I can blog from my phone, right?  And tweet Twitter messages about blog updates!  And check school email!  And take photos for the blog and send them RIGHT AWAY to my beloved Chromebook Baby (where the techno addiction began around my birthday).  

You see, I also justified the expense this way.  I put my iPod through the wash.  Um. yeah.  So the cost of a new iPod went towards a new phone.  Makes sense, right?  Plus, I can get Pandora on my phone.  Right now as I blog I'm jamming out to Pandora on my phone.  Yes, yes, yes, I know I could play all those groovy tunes on the Chromebook Baby!  But I don't want to!  

"Mom, you'd be all over me if I put my iPod through the wash!" Kidlet B rolled his eyes.  Oh, I so would.

Dads, who always comes to his daughter's rescue, jumped in, "Yeah, but who's making money?  Who's making money to pay for things?"  Haha. Take that, Kidlet B!  You are just jealous because MausiGal now owns the CrackBox, and you have...

SliderSquidMan!  What is that on your phone, KidletB?  Albeit it's cool, but huh?  You are not touching my CrackBox, for fear it will end up being decorated with who-knows-what.  People say you take after Mausi Gal.  And now you want your own blog.  Oh my...

Now SliderSquidMan sits in my office.  Why?  Oh, KidletB and KidletA had issues with their phones.  The joy of twin boys at times.  I picked them up from a sleepover at FootballKid's house and was immediately greeted by Kidlet A's complaint.

"KidletB took my phone and started messaging girls."

"Oh gawd.  I've told you two so many times," here goes my lecture, "that text messages go on and on forever!  Never put anything in a text message that you wouldn't want sent out to anyone else!"  Listen to your own advice, Mausi Gal.

"He sent awful messages to people WITH MY PHONE!  People think IT'S ME!  IT'S ME!"

"OK, what did he say?

"That I'm all alone in this world."  His voice, on the cusp of change, breaks my heart.  I want to scream at Kidlet B right now from inside the Volvo.  

"Kidlet B, give me your phone.  No phone, no computer - two weeks."

So, he's unconnected from his peeps until about Easter, right?  I took this photo for him to remind him of that:

Perhaps he'll put his effort into a blog, and improve his writing at the same time.  Should prove interesting.  In the meantime, I'm off to tweet.  And text.  And Facebook.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...


No comments:

Post a Comment