Friday, February 22, 2013

I Feel Pretty!

Vacation - time for some R&R.  I planned a half day of beauty treatments for Thursday.  Oh yes. Time for MausiGal to get all prettied up!

First on the agenda?  Eyebrows and bikini wax!  Now, it truly isn't like this funny video that Mama shared with me a few weeks ago.  In no time soon will I be running to my closet with a bowl of hot wax.  I know right now there are women out there who are screaming, "Ouch!  How can you do that?" Hot wax.  Rip.  There ya go.  Better than shaving.  And better than, as the video shows, standing in a closet with a friend waiting nearby.

There I am, exposed.  Of course I'm a talker.  The conversation turns to losing weight for spring.  My aesthetician begins.

"Dr. Oz says that eating arugula helps get rid of the fat on your thighs.  Everyone could use that this time of year!"

Hot wax goes on my skin.  One two three.  Rip!  I'm not even going to think about how she may think my thighs are fat right now.  

"Arugula, huh?"

"Yeah, and squash will get rid of back fat."

"Back fat?  Squash?" The thought immediately excites me.  "So, I love squash raviolis.  Perfect!"  

Rip!  Wait!  That's pumpkin!  What am I thinking?  


I needed more than just having the underworld ripped apart.  Oh, no sirree!  Next stop?  Cut to the Chase Salon where CoolChica was about to give me a haircut and color.  Grey is not my friend.

My mood?  Cut it all off!  SisInLawS helped me pick out a style and I showed it to CoolChica.

Let me begin by saying that I adore CoolChica.  Dating stores abound between us - it's a hoot!  She showed me Skout, which for all you single people far outweighs online dating.  It's hooked up to your phone!  

Highlights for me this time, and after the color was set, time for the chopping.  Inches fell to the floor.  I was pretty much wiggling in my seat with excitement.  My hair hasn't been short in seventeen years.  


What do you think?  Me?  I love it!  So, so happy!  No more frumpy look for me!  Oh so ready to be snarktacular!  

1 comment: