Monday, February 18, 2013

It's all about the shoes...

I'm a lucky gal in so many ways.  I have amazing family and friends, and cats who keep me warm while I write.  This past holiday season was so bountiful, and guess what Christmas and Valentine's Day brought me?

Oh yes.

Gift cards from the local shore store, DSW.  Auntie L and Breadman gave me gift cards for this all holy of places, and was I ever excited! Yesterday, despite the snow and wind, off we traveled in the mighty Volvo up north to the land of shoes.   I've been thinking of boots - you know the new type.  They have little buckles at the top, look like riding boots.  So in right now.

Who are the fashion police in my family?  My sons.

"You're not a boot person," stated Kidlet A quite sternly as I drooled over soft, supple leather, almost to the knee.  The buckle was in the perfect spot, right at the back.  However, my son is my style expert, even at the age of twelve.  His opinion I trust.

Kidlet B had other plans.  "Can I buy some sneakers?"

"No," I put my red, Dansko clog-ed foot down.  "These gift cards are mine!"

I spotted the clearance section.  This section has always been where I have been known to yell out "Score!"  However, at DSW it requires some math.  A percentage of the original price is taken off based upon the color sticker on the box.  Math.  Shoes.  Not a good combo for me.  I'm too excited to think of percentages and division.  Kidlet A pointed out that there is now a chart there to calculate out the savings for math idiots such as myself.

Good thing.  Then I know how many more shoes I can buy.

The first pair?  Zebra striped with red heels.  Per usual, I tend to find a shoe, love it, buy it.  Here they are:

Kidlet A: "You still have money, why don't you buy these?" and begins to pull out every shoe on the shelf.  

Kidlet B: "Are we going soon?  Can I get the sneakers?  Please?  PLEASE?!"

MausiGal: "Oh, Littles!  Mummy has shoe issues, and  you have to deal with them!  One...more...pair!"

Then I spot them - perfect!  Black, thin suede with a tortoise shell back.  Perfect.  Strap across the front - one of my favorite looks.  Oh so sexy.  Cannot wait to wear them.  


They look grey above, but they really are black.  They so rock.  I'm so, so happy.  Many thanks to Auntie L and Breadman for feeding the addiction.  Now I think it's 72 pairs.  One day I'll organize that shoe closet!

1 comment: