Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Procrastination Liberation


I've blogged again and again about what a busy person I am, to the point where people may think I'm bragging.  But upon thinking this morning, I wonder how much of it I just bring upon myself with procrastination.  Truly, could I do a lot more if I budgeted my time differently? 

Ah, the Type A overachiever in me!  If I stop eating and found a more efficient way to shower could I possibly have time to blog every day and write out more postcards?

So not logical.  But is there any logic when a mania sets in?  Definitely not.  Unfortunately I'm not in a manic state right now to get through the projects I need to get through - a huge lesson plan for Spanish class, the need to view "Death in Granada" for Saturday (sounds so upbeat), type a reflection for Tuesday for my mentor class, create a poet's statement (yeah, about my life as a poet) for Tuesday, and redo my poetry portfolio for Tuesday.

All this pretty much on the Hotbox computer which dies on a whim from overheating, and has a keyboard that sticks and doesn't like to type A, Y, and refuses to do Spanish accents so I have to cut and paste them.  Oh, and let's add that I can no longer cut and paste - I have to go up to the tool bar and do it from there.

/scene.  Enough kvetching for one blog post.  I'm done in twenty-seven days with this madness that I've imposed upon myself.  Then I'm sure I'll find another madness.  That's MausiGal.  I need to have activity in my life - whether that be just reading a book on a Friday night.  I am never bored. 

But instead of working on my lesson plan, right now I'm blogging, and listening to music on Pandora.  I want to bake cookies.  I want to catch up on scanning postcards.  I want to organize my lingerie drawer.  I want to chat with Sis in the Netherlands.  I want, I want, I want!  But I can't. 

I suppose to put out a quality product I do need these breaks of thought.  This past weekend I went for my first motorcyle ride since college and had an amazing time. Could I have been working on my projects?  Of course.  But I was so relaxed and happy after this weekend that I feel like I am ready to get these next twenty seven days conquered. 

For the next twenty minutes I will write out postcards instead of about immigration and how seventh graders may view it.  The fountain pen is mightier than the sticky keyboard.  Music playing, cat sitting right next to the HotBox (for the heat, of course), I am ready to be rejuveniated before digging in for the final stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment