Sunday, August 1, 2021

I miss. I miss. I miss.

 July 31st.  Or July 32nd?  Yes.  August 1st.

Augustus.  


(You knew it wouldn't be MausiGal without a lil' bit of Nermal!)

My mood.  I am drinking iced French Press coffee with Vermont Coffee Company beans.  And if the irony doesn't continue, I just found out they SOLD OUT to Stonewall Kitchen!  As in, WTF.  Mass produced, semi-authentic Maine jelly and jams et al.  Now I need to search out new beans.  I guess, as y'all say, everyone needs a hobby.

Summer has suckethed.  The weather.  Damp. Rainy.  Hey! Sun's out? Wait a minute for it to give you a downpour again.  That apocalyptic haze that you see?  No worries!  Just the fires from the west coast REACHING ALL THE WAY OUT HERE!


Kidlet A was spot on in telling me to no longer refer to this as "Climate Change," but a "Climate Crisis."  About a week ago I drove through Manchester, New Hampshire, early in the morning, to see the fog with its orange tint.  Creepy.  Same thing.  You immediately get the feeling of listening to "I Know The End" by Phoebe Bridgers and everything is OVER.  And yeah.  I had that on as I went through Manchester that morning.  So much.  The end.

I miss...

The list I made I deleted, perhaps for self- preservation.  I miss so much that my heart aches.  There is a void and I wonder how it can ever be filled, or helped, or made to smile on a sunshine day.

Lately I feel I express myself better through photos, so perhaps mausigal will go with that.  The words possibly will follow.

Love you all.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment