Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Malignant Malificent

Well, well, well.  I don't even know if I'm using the terminology right. So kill me - before the cancer does!

I was diagnosed this morning with invasive lobular carcinoma.  OK.  Like I said before - got this.  I use humor at all turns.  When I joked with the nurse this morning she wasn't too receptive.  Why?  I can imagine most people receive calls like this and break down.  Me?

Nurse: Are you in your car?

Me: (If I was in my Volvo I wouldn't pick up) Nope. Sitting at my really messy kitchen table, ready for anything! Bring it on!

Nurse: Well...

They wanted me to come in to speak with them, and I get that.  A face to face approach is always best. But for me? Just give me what I need to know. I may be a Spanish teacher, but the science from my bro comes through - DATA DATA DATA. 

I have a follow-up appointment with a surgeon. An MRI.  Lord Nermal is waiting for his first hospital visit! 
Kidlet B is really worried if he goes into surgery with me that they'll cut off his middle finger.  No way! That's a Nermal Human Rights Violation!

You know what? it's all in how you look at things...

About thirty minutes after I received this diagnosis I was in Market Basket in Chelmsford.  I was laughing about gawd knows what.  A woman came down the aisle and said to me, "Your laughter! It's the best I've heard in so long. It can only make me smile!" We had the best conversation next to the Cheese Doodles.  Will she ever know how much her one freakin' comment changed me world?

Probably not.

Go forward.  Be that person that changes someone's life.  And you never know it.  Okay?  Because that's what matters.

Life is rough with its ups and downs.  We need hugs.  We need sitting down at picnics. At beaches.  At coffee shops. CONNECT! My word for #2020. Please. Please connect with one another.  You all are amazing people and I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I was just about to message you when I saw this post. Ugh. I'm sorry for your bad news. July is a little weird schedule wise, but let me know if you want to meet up sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what you are facing, try to laugh every day and see the positive. I am sorry that the test results weren't different but your attitude is what will help you through this the most. Connecting with people is what is missing these days. Sending you a big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big hug for you Kristin! :-*
    Cinzia (goldmoon) from Italy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I say this. YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN and such an inspiration for so many! I am so sorry to read about your news and the diagnosis but if anyone can beat this, you certainly will. With your amazing attitude and outlook on life you will win! Even though we have never met in real life, I someday hope that will happen! Be strong as you begin this journey down a path of diversion. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete