Sunday, June 23, 2019

Tear In My Heart

Wow.  No posts since February?  What's up with that?

I'll tell you what's up with that.

Who am I?

What do I stand for?

Is it a political party? A union?  An organization?

None of the above.


It's flowers from a friend you just met, who also loves vintage books, maps, and postcards.  Laughing with friends over a broken blender and other things.  Laughing so hard you thing you need to pee. That laughter. When was the last time you had it?  Can't remember? You need it. You need it now.  

I like to think I support people, in so many ways.  But what disturbs me?  Traditional ways bring on entitlement.  Yes.  You may look at me, the white girl driving the Volvo.  But when I speak Spanish, or a vernacular not my own?  I try.  I may have grown up in the 'burbs of Boston, but don't always judge a book by it's cover.  Just sayin'.  I have been blessed that so many people out in the neighborhoods embrace me and speak to me in Spanish.  So awesome.  A shoutout to the Savers in Framingham who asked if my family was from Argentina!  

More to come. So many thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment