Friday, August 21, 2015

Pinterest Pickings: Kit Kat Cookies! And a bit of OCD...


Once again it's close to ninety degrees, and I'm loving baking in my kitchen with no air conditioning or central air.  I have my mocktail by my side, sipping on a Pelligrino and mixer concoction out of an antique glass.  That cools me down just enough to embark upon making these yum-o-licious Kit Kat Cookies.  They are extra yummy.  And the recipe is easy to follow.

I was reading a book on OCD at the same time the cookies were baking (I know, taking multi-tasking to the extreme).  I started to think about my own kitchen obsessive behaviors.  I do have my routines in the kitchen, that's for sure...

-The Starbucks apron is always on

-Pandora is always playing on the Lorde station, full of Lana del Ray and Florence & the Machine

-I have an order to the way I move about the kitchen with the cookie sheets.  I know this sounds crazy, but it's like a dance routine.  And I'm pretty good at it.  (Well, aren't we bragging, MausiGal?)

-I tap things twice to get rid of excess flour or dough

There's other little things I do, but we'll stop here.  They involve dishtowels, water in the sink, and dish detergent.  I told you, my routines are pretty solid.

The other thing I do is I will only eat one cookie from the first batch I make.  Otherwise, with all the baking I do, I would be HUGE!  Like the lovelies I made today?  I won't eat them.  My sons will take over and nom nom nom on these Kit Kat cookies.

So, onto this recipe, because you definitely need to try it.  It's perfect, except for one thing.  It's SO GOOD that you need to double it.  Your circle of people will be crying out for more cookies, more cookies, more cookies, if you only make the amount specified in the recipe listed.  I doubled the batch, and made thirty-two cookies.  This was rolling them into two-inch balls before baking.  I also used chocolate chips, but I've also used white chocolate chips in this recipe before.  Both ways are just great.  Heck, through in half white chocolate and half semi-sweet chocolate chips for variety.  Go crazy!  Kit Kat Cookies are just too good to pass up!



No comments:

Post a Comment